Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Holly: 2 Weeks to go!

I should be studying for my developmental biology final, but I decided to post instead!
I've been preparing for Kenya since I found out in March that I was accepted, but until last night, I hadn't REALLY thought about our upcoming trip.
We leave the states in two weeks! Fourteen days! In 336 hours, it will be May 20th, when we board the plane to head out to Kenya.
I guess you could say I had a minor "freak out" last night. Suddenly I felt overwhelmed, by school, by all of the "things" I've got to get done before I go to Africa, and by many other things running through my mind that are unrelated to the trip.
Don't get me wrong, I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about this trip. God has really been working on my heart, He's been preparing it in so many ways. I'm looking forward to be living out part of the call that God has placed in my life! I'm so grateful for all of the support and prayers that have been offered by my friends and family.
I also have my own blog at: www.FaithToGo.wordpress.com, so be sure to check there for updates as well!
Back to stuffing my head full of biology information that will probably render useless when we're in the field...
God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment