Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lauren's 25 days till Kenya Post!

Kenya. T-minus 25 days until Kenya. So much to do in 25 days. So much to learn, so much to prepare, so much to try to figure out in just 25 days. But I know God is going to do huge things in this 25 days within both my heart and all the members of my teams hearts. Right now, I'm so excited to get this amazing adventure started, to meet Daniel and Ben, the 2 members of our team that I don't know, and dive head first into Kenyan culture and all that comes with it. But I am hesitant. I am hesitant because of my inexperience. I am hesitant because I don't know the details. I am hesitant because I don't know what to expect. But God is good. He will provide huge in the next 25 days, and he will provide huge in the days after that. Preparing for Kenya while also heading into finals week is definitely going to be a struggle, because I really just want to be done with school for the semester, but I have to rely on Him for patience and perserverence and sustenance as we get soooo close...

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I know about the hesitation you're feeling. It's scary to go somewhere for a long time when you don't know all the details or have little control. But you also know that God knows your worries and thoughts... and he's taking care of you! I'm excited that you will get all these great/amazing/crazy/holy experiences!!! I'm praying for you and your team! I'll pray that he uses your excitement as fuel to finish school strong! 20 days!!
    Woohoo!! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete